Kids & Families
Park Church Family Ministry exists to empower parents to be the primary disciplers of their children. As our church is scattered we want to remind you that discipleship happens in the everyday things of life (Deuteronomy 6:4–9). This season of social distancing is allowing new opportunities to just that. We want you to know that you can do this. For many families, you are having to do new things or at least shift your daily rhythms. Instead of feeling overwhelmed or frustrated, use this as an opportunity to create a foundation of discipleship in the everyday things of life.
We have curated some resources we hope you find helpful. Use as many or as few of these resources and feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
Weekly Kids’ Sunday Worship
Worshiping at Home with Kids
First of all, we know that this idea kind of crazy, so here are some thoughts to help!
One of the best things you can do for your kid’s development is to read. We recommend having books all around your house so that you are more likely to read. Furthermore, having books that teach them truth is always a sweet win.
- The Beginner’s Gospel Storybook Bible (Great for kids ages 2–5)
- The Gospel Storybook Bible
- The Jesus Storybook Bible
- Thoughts that Make Your Heart Sing
- Tales That Tell the Truth Series
- Holy Week
As you spend more time with your children, you may find it helpful to read books encouraging you as the primary disciplers of your kids.
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles That Can Radically Change Your Family
- Missional Motherhood
- Bible Reading with Your Kids: A Simple Guide for Every Father
- The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry
- The Tech-Wise Family
- Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens
Find online resources, media resources, and apps to use with your family. We categorized resources into family (a resource your family can engage in together), parent (a resource directed primarily for parents), and kids (a resource that your kids can engage in with minimal supervision).
- Story Time with Miss Melanie
- New City Catechism Apps
- The Verses Project: Musical and visual art to help people memorize and meditate on scripture
- Listen to scripture being read over you apps like Streetlights IOS and Streetlights Android or Bible by Life Church: IOS / Android
- Bedtime Lent Stories Podcast
- Anything by The Bible Project
- Storytime by @sallyloydjones on Instagram
- “Don’t Waste Your Family Quarantine” by The Gospel Project
- Parent Cue app, podcast, videos
- Leading Family Worship by Desiring God
- Breakpoint’s article on not leaving your kids unsupervised online
- Homeschooling Kids During COVID-19 by Bridgetown Church
- Right Now Media Family Discipleship page
- You can connect Rightnow Media to your streaming devices: Apple / Fire TV / Android / Roku
- Seeds of Easter (with hand motions)
- The Village’s podcast for Kids with Bible reading and singing
- Monthly Bible Memory Verses from The Village – Youtube
Links are to Spotify
- Rain for Roots, specifically The Kingdom of Heaven is Like This as it pairs with our Matthew series
- The Village Church Kids
- Seeds Family Worship
- Sovereign Grace Kids
- The Rizers
Activities & Education
Tap into this time to create meaningful memories through family activities.
There are some new opportunities to educate your children in some unique ways while your family is at home all together now. Remember that you can use these everyday moments to disciple your kids and point them to biblical truth.
- How to talk to your kids about COVID-19: Resources by TGC and Austin Stone
- How to talk to your kids about anxiety: preschool, elementary, middle school and high school
- Managing your family’s fear and anxiety during this pandemic by Parent Cue
- Emotional intelligence chart: Boysandgirls.com Feelings Chart
- 18 at Home Ideas to Keep Kids Busy During Coronavirus
- Movement activities by GoNoodle
- Tiny Theologians Cards-use code FAMILYTIME for 30% off
- Birds & Bees Book Recommendations